In June this year I took a trip to Rome; an even though I took both my DSLR and a film SLR, every photograph I took there was shot on film, the images below were taken with a Canon Eos 5 (simply for it's built-in exposure meter), with my beloved Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 lens and shot on Ilford FP4.
I've yet to make any enlargements of any of my photographs (although I hope to soon!), but for now here are the black and white contact sheets...
St Peter's Square, Castel St Angelo and along the banks of the River Tiber:
I'm a bit of an anorak and love railways, so I made sure we took the opportunity to ride the Frecciarossa to Florence:
On our final day in Italy we visited the Vatican Museums; friends recommended I pay extra to get a guide and skip the queues - I personally would advise against this, you save a lot of money if you arrive early and are prepared to wait, then you get freedom to roam around the museums without being in a herd, bumping into groups was always a nightmare and I was grateful to not be a part of one.
Colosseum:
Colour contacts to follow shortly!



No comments:
Post a Comment