I was fortunate to inherit a dev tank and changing bag from my Dad, and a few other bits and pieces (like a squirrel-hair brush, not to be confused with a squirrel hairbrush, which was an apparent must-have in the 60's), and was also kindly donated a Gnome enlarger and dev trays from a friend.
The same generous friend also donated a bunch of E6 and black and white chemicals, so so far so good!
Found a cupboard in a skip which fits it all perfectly, and I'm slowly clearing out my closet (which needs minimal blacking out as it has no windows or anything).
Got a cheap enlarger timer off ebay (£3.33!) but it cannot be connected to my enlarger because it's too old, however I have been offered a newer enlarger for a very good price - it's just a bit of a hike to pick it up, so we'll see. I can just count elephants for the time being.
It's cost me next to nothing so far and I'm very pleased with my progress; I'd like to be making my own prints before Christmas - an achievable goal I'm sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment