We had a good day and did a lot of rummaging around in charity shops and in one I found a basket of cameras (either the Sally Army or Age UK on the High Street in Newcastle). I looked through each one, found none of any use to me, except one contained a spent roll of expired 35mm E6 Supasnaps film. I took it home and had it processed, but sadly only one frame had survived:
I'd had the film processed and scanned at Palm Labs in Digbeth and they had kindly cleaned up the neg for me to try and bring out some information:
I sent the image to my friend who, like myself, was fascinated by this mystery woman and her lovely house, but with nothing else to go by I thought little more about it after the initial novelty had worn off.
Three weeks later however, I bought book in Oxfam in Solihull of "Pub Walks in Warwickshire" (because who doesn't like as many excuses as as possible to go the pub) and lo and behold there was our mystery location:
The Red Lion in Little Compton, still open and trading by all accounts and does a mean Sunday lunch. We've yet to pay a visit but be sure of photographs when we eventually do!




No comments:
Post a Comment