Thanks very much indeed to Laura Peters for the opportunity!
(I scanned in the plates at Boots and I'm not happy at all with the resolution, but for the purposes of sharing I s'pose it'll have to do!)
The first gas mask plate we left without painting the back, keeping it as a glass negative, so I scanned it both with a white sheet of paper and the black back of another plate to show how it looks as both positive and negative; I am absolutely astonished and so excited by the fact that the glass plate is simultaneously positive and and negative, depending on how you view it.
Two self portraits,possibly the only photographs of myself that I've ever been happy and willing to share!
Sunflower and skull still life, we we excited to see how these would turn out, but the first plate got solarised somehow, no idea when in the process it could have happened though; the second plate came out a bit dark and still no definition in the petals of the sunflower, but never mind, I still adore them!
My still-life set up as it looked 'in the flesh' ...
We were plagued by ladybirds throughout the day, literally hundreds of them!








No comments:
Post a Comment